HOW TO MAKE GOURMET
Caramel Apples, are apples, dipped in caramel, and topped with chopped peanuts. The apple stem is replaced with a stick. They are a popular fall treat!
Are Also Called
• Candied Apples
• Taffy Apples
Gourmet apples are super easy to make! You need the following:
– Remove stem from apples. You will replace it with
a popsicle stick or
– Dip apples, one at a time, into boiling water for
10 seconds; wipe dry. This process helps to remove the wax off the apples, which in turn helps the caramel to stick to the apples.
– Unwrap the caramels and add to a small saucepan, along with 2 tbs of water. Place over low heat and allow to melt, stirring frequently.
– Dip apples, one at a time, into the caramel sauce; turn to coat the apple with the melted caramel sauce.
– Quickly dip apple into topping of choice, while turning. If there are bare spots, fill with additional topping.
– Place apples on buttered waxed paper and allow the apples to set for approximately 30 minutes.
Should You Use?
Although traditionally Granny Smith apples are used, feel free to use your favorite apples, there are no food police!
• Chopped Peanuts
• Mini M&M's
• Toasted Coconut
• Toffee Bits
• Butterfinger Bits
• Anything your little heart desires!
Find the full recipe and demonstration video on Hilda's Kitchen Blog!