Mexican Carne Asada Marinade
My secret Carne Asada Marinade
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 lbs. Skirt steak
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon or lime (juiced)
- 2 T. orange juice
- 2 T. vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 Serrano pepper sliced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Whisk all the marinade ingredients into a bowl
Add meat and marinade to a large Ziploc bag and seal.
Allow the meat to marinate for 4 or more hours, or overnight.
Barbecue meat using high heat, until charred on the surface, and cooked to medium rare or medium. Don't overcook. Cut against the grain and serve.
- The best meat for making Carne Asada, in my opinion, is skirt steak.
- Use approximately 3/4 teaspoon of salt, for each pound of meat.
- Marinate the steak for a minimum of 4 hours, or preferably, overnight.
- Instead of discarding the leftover marinade, use it to marinate some boneless chicken to make Pollo Asada (Chicken Asada) the following day.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g