Yogurt Shawarma Sauce
Enjoy this Yogurt Shawarma Sauce over Chicken Shawarma or use as a dip or salad dressing!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1½ cups Homemade or Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup cucumber (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint (diced)
- 1 scallion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon Tahini Sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
Pour yogurt into a large bowl. Add minced cucumber, garlic cloves, freshly chopped dill, fresh mint, scallions, dill weed, salt, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Make sure you buy plain or unflavored yogurt; I have on more than one occasion accidentally grabbed vanilla instead of plain. I suppose this is another good reason to make your own yogurt?
- Instead of bottled lemon juice, choose fresh lemon juice instead. You'll also accentuate the lemon flavor by mixing lemon zest into the sauce.
- For a pretty presentation, you can sprinkle the sauce with some paprika powder before serving.
- Instead of serving the shawarma sauce with a Chicken Shawarma Plate, you can make a Shawarma Wrap instead using Lavash Bread. Just load chicken shawarma into lavash bread and add any of the following: sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce, fries, or Hummusand drizzle with the Shawarma Sauce. Wrap and enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 791mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g