Gourmet Elk Burger Recipe
The BEST and ORIGINAL Gourmet Elk Burgers recipe. They're far from the ordinary burger!
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground elk meat
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 tablespoon minced red onion
Defrost elk meat if frozen and add to a large bowl. Add all the spices, minced parsley, and onion.
Work all the elk burger ingredients together, using your hands, until completely blended. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
Divide the meat into four equal portions and form into four thick patties.
Grill elk burgers over medium heat for four minutes. Using a spatula, flip the burgers to the other side and cook for three additional minutes. Add buns to the grill and a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the burgers. Cook until the cheese melts and the bun is toasted.
- The cooking time yields a medium-cooked burger. If you prefer your elk burger rarer, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Because of the unique ingredients in this recipe, I don't recommend the usual ketchup and mustard with these elk burgers. Instead, I would pick from the following: mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles.
- I served these burgers on grilled sourdough, topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Surprisingly, it all came together beautifully!
- To keep with the Kebab theme, serve these burgers with Tasty Mashed Potatoes or Hummus!
- If you find the elk burgers are falling apart, they need something to bind them such as fat. If you don’t want to hassle with a butcher, add one to two tablespoons of olive oil to one pound of ground elk burger.
Serving: 1patty | Calories: 116kcal | Protein: 24g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 544mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g