Gourmet Elk Burger Recipe
The BEST and ORIGINAL Gourmet Elk Burgers recipe. They're far from the ordinary burger!
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground elk meat
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 tablespoon minced red onion
Defrost elk meat if frozen and add to a medium-sized bowl. Add all the spices, minced parsley, and onion.
Work all the ingredients together, using your hands, until completely blended. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
Grill elk burgers over medium flame for four minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for three additional minutes. Add a slice of cheddar cheese and cook one minute longer.
- The cooking time yields a medium-cooked burger. If you prefer your elk burger rarer, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Because of the unique ingredients in this recipe, I don't recommend the usual ketchup and mustard with these elk burgers. Instead, I would pick from the following: mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles.
- I served these burgers on grilled sourdough, topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Surprisingly, it all came together beautifully!
- To keep with the Kebab theme, serve these burgers with Tasty Mashed Potatoes or Hummus!
- If you find the elk burgers are falling apart, they need something to bind them such as fat. If you don’t want to hassle with a butcher, add one to two tablespoons of olive oil to one pound of ground elk burger.
Serving: 1patty | Calories: 116kcal | Protein: 24g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 544mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g