Easy Stir-Fried Rice
Tender rice, loaded with beef, corn, onion, carrots, with the added kick of Serrano peppers.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 oz beef (cut into strips)
- 1 small carrot (sliced)
- ¼ cup onions (diced)
- 1 Serrano pepper (sliced)
- 1 T. ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh corn (or frozen)
- 2 cups leftover rice (cold)
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
Heat oil in a wok. Stir-fry the meat for one minute.
Add carrots and cook for an additional minute.
Add onion, ginger, and pepper. Stir-fry for one minute.
Add corn and garlic, continue to stir-fry for another minute.
Finally, add the rice and mix in with the other ingredients. Stir-fry for a few additional minutes.
Add soy sauce and stir in with the other wok ingredients.
Serve rice sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and Sriracha sauce, if desired.
- Other vegetables that go great in fried rice include broccoli, bean sprouts, snow peas, zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, scallions, and peas.
- Instead of beef, you can use chicken, shrimp, pork, or diced bacon. Or leave the meat out altogether to make vegetarian stir-fried rice.
- Besides sesame seeds, try adding toasted peanuts and chopped cilantro before serving.
- To add more protein, scramble a few eggs separately and toss them in with the rice. To save time, scramble the eggs with the vegetables before adding the rice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 497mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g