Elote In A Cup | Mexican Street Corn
Grilled Mexican Corn served in a cup with mayo, Cojita cheese, and Tajin.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 ears of corn (husked)
- 2 T. unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Cotija cheese (or Queso Fresco)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. Tajin seasoning
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 1 medium lime (quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
Brush shucked corn with melted butter and grill over high heat until slightly charred, rotating as needed. Or place corn in a grill basket and cook over the stove.
Cut corn off the cobs and divide between four cups.
Stir mayonnaise into the corn and any remaining butter. Top with crumbled cheese.
Mix salt, Tajin, and chili powder and use to season the corn.
Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and hot sauce on the side.
- Cutting the pointy end off the corn makes it easier to stand the corn on a cutting board while you cut the corn off the cob.
- If you don't have a grill, you can broil the corn in a toaster oven or char it in a grill basket over a gas stove.
- Sometimes Queso Fresco is hard to find. You can substitute Cotija cheese, Feta, or Parmesan Cheese.
- Substitute Tajin Seasoning with a mixture of chili powder, cayenne pepper, or paprika.
- For those who love garlic, crushed garlic is fantastic when included in this Elote In A Cup recipe.
- If you can't get enough spice, consider adding chopped serranos or your favorite hot sauce!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 633mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g