Easy 4-Step Nutella Ice Cream
Creamy Nutella Ice Cream swirled with peanut butter, banana, and toffee.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cup Half and Half (may use whole milk instead)
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 medium banana (sliced and frozen)
- 2 Heath bars (crushed)
Pour Half and Half and cream into a saucepan, then add sugar. Whisk over low to medium heat until the liquid is warm and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the stove and whisk in Nutella. Cool in the refrigerator until ready to make the ice cream.
Set a timer for 15-minutes. With the machine running and the attachment in place, pour the Nutella cream mixture into the bowl.
When the timer goes off, set it for an additional 5-minutes. Add the vanilla extract, peanut butter, one spoon at a time, frozen banana slices, and toffee bits. Churn for five minutes.
When the timer goes off, turn off the ice cream maker and transfer the Nutella ice cream to a lidded container. Freeze until thick. Or, if you don't want to wait, enjoy your Soft Serve Nutella.
- Churning the ice cream longer than 20 minutes might result in a buttery film that coats your tongue when eating the ice cream. This happens when heavy cream is over-whipped. As the fat and milk separate, butter and buttermilk are produced. Setting a timer helps you avoid over churning the ice cream.
- If you would like a more prominent banana flavor, add 1 teaspoon of banana extract in step 3.
- Nuts are a wonderful addition to this ice cream. You can either mix them in during the last 5 minutes or sprinkle them on top. Crushed hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, and cashews are all great options.
- To keep everyone happy, sprinkle the nuts on top of the ice cream instead of mixing them into the ice cream. Especially if you have someone who is allergic to nuts.
Serving: 8½ cup | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 83mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 37g