Protein Overnight Oats (PB & J)
High Protein Overnight Oats, a wonderful start to your breakfast.
Servings: 1 serving
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 packet Truvia
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)
- 1 teaspoon grape jelly
- ¼ ounce shelled pistachios
Add oats to a small bowl and mix in collagen, cinnamon, chia seeds, and Truvia.
Add milk, yogurt, peanut butter, and jelly. Mix thoroughly to combine.
If you will be taking your breakfast on the go, transfer the mixture to a mason jar and cover it with the lid. Otherwise, leave the mixture in the bowl and cover it with Saran Wrap. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
When you're ready to have your protein overnight oats, mix again and top with pistachios. Enjoy your healthy breakfast!
- Although I prefer to add Truvia, maple syrup, honey, or another healthy sweetener can be substituted.
- Experiment with different nut-butters to see which ones you prefer. Here's a great article on various nut butters and their benefits.
- If you're not watching your carb intake, a few banana slices would go great in this recipe.
- If you like to meal prep, you can make a week's worth of protein overnight oats. Just adjust the serving size in the recipe cards to make a larger batch. You can then divide the mixture into mason jars and have enough for the rest of the week!
- There are so many flavor variations that you can experiment with. Add some vanilla extract, or stir some peanuts into the oats mixture. Let your taste buds be your guide!
Serving: 1jar | Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 260mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g