Lion's Mane Recipe (Mushroom Pasta)
An easy and delicious pasta recipe featuring lion's mane mushrooms in the place of seafood.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 medium Serrano pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup seafood broth (or wine)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup whipping cream (or half and half)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ lb lion's mane mushrooms
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 ounce Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
Pour olive oil into a saucepan. Add sliced tomatoes and cover the pot with the lid. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
Add a Serrano pepper to the tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Pour the broth over the tomatoes and season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Cover and simmer the sauce over low heat for another 5 minutes.
Pour cream into the pot and blend until smooth (or slightly chunky) using an immersion blender.
Tear Lion's Mane Mushroom into small pieces. Melt butter in a separate skillet and sauté for a few minutes. Stir the sauteed mushrooms into the sauce.
Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce; mix to combine. Plate the Lion's Mane Mushroom Pasta and garnish with shaved Asiago cheese and chopped Italian parsley before serving.
- If you don't have an immersion blender you can use a food processor or Ninja blender. Make sure the sauce is not too hot when you blend it because it will splatter when you unscrew the blade from the cup.
- For a milder dish, leave out the Serrano and the cayenne pepper. For an extra spicy dish, slice an additional Serrano pepper and add it to the plated pasta before serving it.
- Instead of Asiago cheese, you can sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan cheese.
- If foraging Lion's Mane Mushrooms, look for them high up on tree trunks and branches. This is a great beginner mushroom to forage and doesn't have dangerous look-alikes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 750kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 875mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g