Sumac Cranberry Mule 3 Ways
Sumac Cranberry Moscow Mule with a few added twists!
Servings: 1 serving
Prepare Sumac Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup sumac powder
Sumac Cranberry Mule
- 2 ounce vodka or rum
- 2 ounces cranberry juice (not cranberry cocktail)
- 1 ounce sumac syrup
- 4 ounces Bundaberg Ginger Beer (up to 6 ounces)
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 lime wheel or wedge
Add sugar, water, and sumac powder to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes then simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes.
Once the syrup is cool, strain through a soup bag and into an 8-ounce canning jar. Discard the solids.
Sumac Cranberry Moscow Mule
Fill a Moscow Mule mug with one cup of crushed ice, then add vodka, cranberry juice, and sumac syrup. Top with ginger beer.
Sumac Cranberry American Mule
Fill a Moscow Mule mug with one cup of crushed ice, then add rum, cranberry juice, and sumac syrup. Top with ginger beer.
Virgin Sumac Cranberry Mule
- Be sure to strain the Sumac Syrup through a soup bag so that the syrup does not have a grainy texture. Additionally, resist the temptation to squeeze the bag to get every last drop. Doing so will result in a cloudy syrup.
- Some people prefer their Moscow Mule shaken, not stirred. To do so, add ice, alcohol, cranberry juice, and sumac syrup into a cocktail shaker (affiliate link) and shake vigorously until mixed and chilled. Next, strain the drink into a copper mug filled with crushed ice. Top with ginger beer, stir, garnish, and serve.
- Between vodka and rum, I highly recommend using rum. However, not just any rum. Appleton Estate Signature Jamaica Rum tastes amazing in this cocktail!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 9mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 24g