Easy Pasta Cream Cheese Sauce
This creamy and rich white sauce is made with cream cheese and other simple ingredients and takes around 10 minutes to prepare.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese (cubed)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium lemon (zested)
- 2 tablespoon goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté the minced garlic cloves for a minute over low heat. Pour milk and broth into the saucepan and stir to combine.
Add cubed cream cheese, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Whisk lemon zest and goat cheese crumbs into the sauce and continue to simmer over low heat until the cream cheese has completely melted. This should take approximately 10 minutes or less. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve the Pasta Cream Cheese White Sauce over ravioli and sprinkle with chopped chives and a lemon wedge.
- When you cook the pasta, don't toss out the water. Save some of the starchy pasta water to whisk into the sauce if the sauce gets too thick.
- To add protein to the dish, toss in cooked chicken breast, kielbasa sausage, or shrimp.
- Different pasta can be used including linguine, rigatoni, bow tie pasta, and ziti to create various dishes with this cream cheese sauce as the base.
- Besides using different pasta, try adding various vegetables, for example, grilled mushrooms, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.
- Since cream cheese pasta sauce is a dairy-based sauce, leftovers don't freeze well. However, they can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 462mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 18g