Spicy Korean Chicken Bulgogi
Tasty Chicken Bulgogi that only requires an hour to marinate and 5 minutes to cook!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon Gochujang Paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or mince)
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds (divided)
Prepare chicken bulgogi marinade by mixing Gochujang paste, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, and half of the sesame seeds in a bowl or a measuring cup.
Add chicken thighs to the marinade and mix to coat all the pieces with the marinade. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
How To Cook Bulgogi Chicken
How To Serve Korean Bulgogi Chicken
Korean Chicken Bulgogi is typically served over white rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions or perilla leaves before serving. Sliced veggies can also be arranged around the plate including sliced cucumbers and matchstick-cut carrots.If you prefer, serve Bulgogi Chicken in a lettuce wrap for a healthier option. You can then top the chicken with cabbage, broccoli, or kimchi. Top with Ssamjang (soybean paste) or for a spicy kick, drizzle with Spicy Korean Bibimbap Sauce.
- This Korean Bulgogi Chicken recipe can also be stir-fried in a wok, air-fried, or grilled on a barbecue grill. There's no wrong way of cooking the chicken, just don't boil it! 😉
- Make a double batch of the marinade to make some beef bulgogi too.
- Although this recipe is great for last-minute dinner idea, marinating the chicken longer is even better!
- Korean BBQ chicken makes for great leftovers and freezes well too.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze in a freezer bag for up to a few months.
- Perilla leaves are consumed in many Asian cultures. Their flavor profile is somewhere between mint and basil.
Serving: 1chicken thigh | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 764mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g