Mediterranean Overnight Oats
Yummy overnight oats, with a Middle Eastern twist.
Servings: 1 serving
- ½ cup oats
- 1 packet Truvia
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 large Medjool dates chopped
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon tahini paste (recipe)
- 1 teaspoon date molasses (recipe)
Mix oats, Truvia, cardamom, cinnamon, chia seeds, almond milk, yogurt, and chopped Medjool dates until combined.
Add to an 8 ounce jar and cover with lid. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, mix the ingredients in the jar one more time. Top with walnuts and drizzle with tahini and date molasses. Sit back and enjoy your healthy, and delicious breakfast!
- Here are some other ingredients that you can add to mix things up a bit. Instead of dates, you can try the following: raisins, dried figs, or dried cherries.
- Alternate the spices with the following: cloves, nutmeg, or pumpkin spice.
- If you don't have date molasses and let's be honest if you're not Middle Eastern, you probably don't. Simply replace the molasses with maple syrup, honey, agave syrup, or brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract would also be a great addition.
Serving: 1jar | Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 114mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 41g