Spicy Roasted Almonds Recipe
Spicy roasted almonds, the perfect healthy snack to curb your snack cravings.
Servings: 8 ¼ cup servings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups dry roasted almonds
- ¼ teaspoon citric acid (optional)
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Measure out two cups of whole almonds and set aside. Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet (if you don't have one, it's about time you did).
Add the spices to the oil, and mix over medium heat for a few minutes, or until aromatic. Stir in almonds and cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
Add the coated almonds to a foil-lined baking tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir halfway through. Almonds should be a beautiful golden brown. Allow the almonds to cool before diving in.
- I prefer using whole almonds instead of sliced almonds in this recipe.
- When developing this recipe, I chose spices that I personally like. However, please don't feel like you have to use the same exact spices that I used.
- Store in a jar and enjoy when you're craving a crunchy, healthy snack.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 248mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g