Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Instant Pot pulled pork in under one and a half hours.
Servings: 7 people
- 3½ lbs. pork roast
- 1 recipe pork rub for pulled pork and ribs (see my recipe)
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Slice pork roast into quarters, and sprinkle generously with my Pulled Pork dry rub Seasoning. Sprinkle one tablespoon at a time, until all the pieces are evenly coated. Save leftover rub for another use.
Choose "Saute" setting on your Instant Pot. ADD one tablespoon of oil. Brown meat on all sides, using another tablespoon of oil, as needed. Add the last tablespoon of oil, sauté the onion until caramelized. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Pour wine into the pot and deglaze the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add meat and cover with barbecue sauce. Lock lid and set the vent on the Instant Pot to "Sealing." Choose the pressure cooker setting and set the timer to 60 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, do a natural release.
Serve in a roll, with additional barbecue sauce, lettuce, and onion. You can also use the shredded pork to make tamales, in enchiladas, breakfast burritos, and more!
- If you don't want to make my dry rub seasoning, you can use a store-bought brand, for example, this one.
- To give the pulled pork a slightly crunchy texture, place the shredded pork in a baking dish, drizzle with pot liquids, and broil until some of the pieces have crispy edges.
- Instead of wine and barbecue sauce, try an equal amount of broth, beer, and even coffee. Get a little crazy, why don't you?
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 781mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 14g