3-Step Homemade Juniper Berry Infused Gin
A delicious Juniper Berry Infused Gin that's ready to consume in a matter of days.
Servings: 12 1 ounce shots
- 12 ounces vodka (½ 750 ML bottle)
- 1 tablespoon green juniper berries
- 2 cardamom pods
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 slice dehydrated orange (or 4" section of orange/lemon peel)
- ⅛ teaspoon lavender (dried)
- ⅛ teaspoon anise seeds
- marigold flower bud (optional)
- 2 star anise
Sterilize a 12-ounce or larger mason jar. Pour ½ of a 750 ml bottle of vodka into the jar.
Add juniper berries, cardamom pods, coriander seeds, dehydrated orange slice, lemon peel, or both. Stir dried lavender, anise seeds, marigold flower, and star anise into the jar.
Seal and shake the bottle, then store it on the counter for 48 hours. When it's time, strain the alcohol through a soup bag into another bottle or jar.
- Allspice berries, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves, and fennel seeds are just some of the ingredients that you can add to a homemade Infused Gin.
- Infused gin takes on the color of the herbs, spice, and botanicals, which gives it a yellowish tinge, so don't be surprised when your homemade gin is not clear.
- Before serving infused gin, plop a few juniper berries in your cocktail for a beautiful presentation.
Serving: 1shot | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g