Berry Cheesecake (huckleberry or blueberry)
A delicous, no-bake cheesecake, layered with a berry filling.
Prep Time45 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Chill Time3 hours hrs
Servings: 10 slices
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ground walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅓ cup water
- 2½ cups huckleberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla (divided)
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream (or Cool Whip)
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine flour, brown sugar, walnuts, and spices. Cut in butter until crumbly.
Press into a pie dish. Bake for 12 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, and spices in a saucepan. Add water and stir until smooth, then add the berries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
Simmer for a few minutes or until thickened, then set aside to cool.
Add cold whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar to a cold mixing bowl. Beat at low speed, then increase to medium-high until soft peaks form.
Remove whipped cream from the mixing bowl and wipe clean. Add softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy, then fold the cream cheese mix into the whipped cream.
Layer cream cheese mixture and berry mixture in cooled crust, ending with the berries on top.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set.
- Instead of making your own crust, use a premade cheesecake crust, such as Honey Made Graham Cracker Crust. Similar crusts come in many great flavors like chocolate, shortbread, and pecan.
- Another way to save time is to use whipped topping instead of making your own whipped cream from scratch.
- If you're in a real hurry, you can skip layering the cream cheese and berry filling. Simply pour the cream cheese filling into the prepared crust and top with the cooled berry filling.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g