Loquats are delicious and taste like a combination of mangos and peaches. Their sour and sweet taste makes them perfect to use in fruit salsa. So recently when a friend gave me a ton of loquats, I used them to make Loquat Jam, Loquat Margaritas, and this Fruit Salsa Recipe.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Remove seeds and flower end of the loquats, then chop. The skin can be left on, or removed.
2. Add loquats to a bowl, then chop and add tomato, onion, jalapenos, garlic, mint, and cilantro.
3. Mix lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt into the salsa. If possible, allow the flavors to develop for a few hours before serving.
4. If you don't have access to loquats, use mangos instead. This spicy and sweet salsa is not only delicious with tortilla chips, but also goes great with shrimp, fish, and other grilled meats, like Carne Asada.
Recipe Expert Tips
- The heat in this fruit salsa recipe can be adjusted to suit your preference. If you prefer mild salsas, replace the jalapeno peppers with bell pepper.
- For those preferring medium heat, one jalapeno should be perfect. However, if you're daring when it comes to spicy food, replace the Jalapeno peppers with a few habaneros instead!
- I love the freshness that the mint adds to this fruit salsa recipe. I would even suggest omitting the cilantro and doubling the mint.
- Green onion or red onion can be used instead of yellow onion. As always, let your taste be your guide!
Loquats Health Benefits
Loquats have many health benefits. Some of these benefits include boosting your immune system, improving eyesight, helping to reduce inflammation, and reducing the risk of cancer.
For more information on this topic, check out this post on the Amazing Health Benefits of Loquats.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Loquat Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup chopped loquats
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- ⅓ cup onion (diced)
- 2 jalapenos (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 tablespoon mint (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Remove seeds and flower end of the loquats, then chop.
- Add loquats to a bowl, then chop and add tomato, onion, jalapenos, garlic, mint, and cilantro.
- Mix in lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and salt.
- If possible, allow the flavors to develop for a few hours before serving.