Sexy Cherry Reduction Sauce, prepared with dark cherries that are cooked down with shallots, sweet wine, and balsamic vinegar. This reduction sauce goes perfectly with my seared Lamb Loin Chops recipe. It's luscious and takes your lamb, pork, or chicken to a whole new level!
Why This Recipe Works
I realize not everyone loves lamb as much as I do. Luckily, this sauce is also amazing on pork, chicken, and turkey. Although I haven't tried it yet, I would venture to say it would complement beef as well.
Some of you might be thinking, "but, Hilda, I'm a vegetarian..." Don't worry, I have your back too! Why not mix this sauce in with your pasta, along with some goat or feta cheese? Or, swirl it into your cheesy risotto, with some chunks of blue cheese?
If all else fails, leave out the shallots and serve it warm over your favorite ice cream! Life is short, so be bold, my friend!
How to Make the Perfect Cherry Sauce
1. Heat oil in a small pot, and saute the shallots until caramelized.
2. Add cherries, vinegar, and wine. Simmer for twenty minutes to reduce.
3. Season with salt, black pepper, and chipotle pepper (if using). Swirl in butter.
4. Serve with lamb, pork, or chicken.
- If you use fresh cherries, be sure to use a cherry pitter. I love mine!
- For the sweet wine, I like to use Stella Rosa Black. Feel free to use your favorite sweet wine.
- Although I'm listing the chipotle pepper as an optional ingredient, I'm hoping you choose to add it. The chipotle pepper adds a layer of smokey/spicy flavor that's perfect in this sauce.
- You may also want to add a clove of crushed garlic, but whatever you do, don't forget a pinch of salt and pepper!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Cherry Sauce Reduction
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup shallots sliced
- 1-¼ cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup sweet red wine
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. chipotle pepper (optional)
- 1 T. butter
- Heat oil in a small pot, and saute the shallots until caramelized.
- Add cherries, vinegar, and wine. Simmer for twenty minutes to reduce.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and chipotle pepper (if using).
- Swirl in butter. Use with lamb, pork, or chicken.