Pistachio Biscotti (with white chocolate and cranberries)
Sharing is caring!
I wish I had a little Italian grandmother to teach me the art of baking the perfect biscotti, but I don’t. Although my recent Ancestry DNA results showed that I’m 15% Italian-Greek, I didn’t grow up knowing that or eating any Italian food. We always thought we were 100% Assyrian. Now I’m embracing my Italian roots, no matter how small, and I plan on cooking a lot more Italian and Greek food. This Pistachio Biscotti is one of hopefully many more Italian recipes to come, so stay tuned!
You Don’t Have to Be Italian to Enjoy This Pistachio Biscotti!
Guess what, you don’t have to be Italian to enjoy these delicious cookies. That’s right, I have been making these cookies for a few years now. I found a recipe online, but I played with it like I always do, I guess no one ever told me not to play with food. Over time, I’ve made some changes, and I’m finally pleased with the results of all my experimentation. Pecans or walnuts would be a great addition if you don’t have pistachios on hand. You can also try other dried fruit, like figs, or mango.
Pistachio Biscotti Make A Great Gift
I have often given these delicious cookies out as birthday or Christmas gifts. They are always received with great excitement! Since Christmas is just around the corner, you may want to keep this recipe in mind! If you like, you can drizzle the biscotti with either melted white chocolate or a simple glaze. I sometimes drizzle them with a mixture of 1 cup powdered sugar, whisked with 2 tablespoons orange juice. However, they are perfect without it too. So pour yourself a cup of tea, or chai for my Middle Eastern friends, because these cookies were made for dunking!
Do you Pinterest? Please consider Pinning and sharing!
If you love this Pistachio Biscotti recipe, please give it a 5-star rating!
Delicious chocolate, cherry, and pistachio biscotti, perfect as gifts or for dunking in your coffee!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until blended. Add the sugar and mix until completely incorporated. Add the flour mixture and once blended, fold in the pistachios, berries, and chocolate chips.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. With wet hands, divide the dough equally and form into two logs, approximately 12 inches long and 3 inches wide. Leave a 3" space in-between the two logs. If needed, re-wet your hands and smooth the logs as best you can.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes. While the logs are cooling, reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Gently transfer one log at a time to a cutting board. Using a bread knife, slice each log crosswise into 12 equal portions. Replace the used parchment paper with a fresh one. Evenly space the biscotti and bake for another 20 minutes. Cool completely before eating. The biscotti will harden as they cool. Store in a tin container and they will last forever! Okay, not really forever, but you won't have to worry about tossing them out before they're gone. Better yet, do what I always do, share them with your friends!
Sharing is caring!