If you’ve ever considered making your own salad dressing, I dedicate this Citrus Salad Dressing recipe to YOU. This slightly creamy dressing goes great over a simple salad, such as my Middle Eastern Salad. Simply substitute this dressing with the one in that recipe. It’s also what I use in my Healthy Broccoli Salad, a must try!
Citrus Salad Dressing
I’ve been making this Citrus Salad Dressing every week for the last few years. You may be wondering why I would do that. Well, this happens to be Scott’s favorite salad dressing. As a matter of fact, he takes a jar of this dressing to work every week to eat over his salads. I really do feel blessed that I have a guy who is so easy to please. He is willing to eat the same thing every day for years and doesn’t ever complain or get tired of it. I, on the other hand, am definitely NOT like that. I need a little variety in my life, don’t you?
Salad Dressing Variations
You might have noticed that this salad dressing recipe only has three steps. I guess it would definitely qualify as a beginner recipe. You can take this recipe a few steps further by making some of the following changes, or additions:
- Add fresh minced mint instead of dried, or replace the mint with your favorite herbs.
- Play with the orange juice to lemon juice ratio, and citrus to olive oil ratios.
- Substitute different oils, and flavored vinegar.
- Replace the garlic powder with freshly pressed garlic, and add fresh ginger, shallots, chives, or red onion.
- Replace the ranch dressing with other options like blue cheese, buttermilk, or yogurt.
- Add other mix-ins like mustard, poppy seeds, or Tahini Paste.
- Replace the honey with other sweeteners, including low carb options such as Truvia.
Mixing the Salad Dressing
I’ve found the easiest way to mix the salad dressing is by adding everything in a mason jar and giving it a good shake! In fact, this is how Scott takes his salad dressing to work. He stores the jar in the fridge at work and uses it throughout the week. For serving the salad dressing at home, consider serving it in a cute bottle like the one pictured. I was able to pick this bottle up at T.J.Max for under $5. I just whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and use a funnel to pour the dressing in the jar.
Do you Pinterest? Please pin, share, and leave your comment!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE GIVE IT 5-STARS!
This yummy citrus salad dressing is healthy and delicious!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. orange juice
- 1 T. ranch salad dressing (not seasoning)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried mint leaves
Whisk oil, lemon juice, orange juice, ranch dressing, and honey in a bowl until incorporated.
Whisk in the remaining ingredients, and pour into a jar or bottle.
Pour over a green salad, and enjoy!