Creamy Guacamole, as the name suggests, is perfectly smooth, and chunk-free. I know, I love chunky guacamole, brimming with diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cilantro too. However, sometimes I crave the silky consistency of this Creamy Guacamole Recipe. It’s perfect in burritos or served over taquitos and nachos.
Avocado Health Benefits
Avocados have many health benefits. Listed below are just a few of them.
- Help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- The Folate in avocados offers protection from certain kinds of cancer.
- Improved digestion, due to the high fiber content in avocados.
- Avocados contain high levels of Vitamin K, which helps prevent Osteoporosis.
If you are looking to add more healthy fats to your diet, avocados fit the bill. With their delicious, yet mild flavor, and numerous health benefits, avocados should make a regular appearance in your meals. For a more comprehensive list of benefits, check out this informative article (12 Health Benefits of Avocado).
How to Pick the Perfect Avocados
Choosing the perfect avocados is the first step to making this Mexican Creamy Guacamole Recipe.
- First, checking the color of the avocados. If the avocado is green, it’s freshly picked, and still needs to ripen. The color goes from green to dark brown, sometimes with a purplish hue, as the avocado ripens. If you plan on using the avocado right away, pick one that’s darker in color. Also, be sure to skip the avocados with dips or dents, which indicates bruising.
- Next, give the avocado a gentle squeeze. If there is no give, the avocado is not ripe enough to use. If there is too much give, it’s too ripe. The perfect avocado should yield to slight pressure, yet not be too squishy.
- Finally, the coolest way to ensure the avocado is ripe is to check under the little nub (what remains from the stem). If the spot underneath is yellow, the avocado is not ripe enough. Brown, on the other hand, indicates the avocado is too ripe. The color you’re looking for is green. Green indicates the avocado is perfectly ripe and ready to be eaten.
Creamy Guacamole Serving Ideas
Creamy Guacamole can be used all the ways that you would use chunky guacamole, and more!
- Use for breakfast in Breakfast Burritos.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips.
- Add a dollop on nachos, or rolled tacos.
- Include in a California Carne Asada Burrito.
- Serve with tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, or as a side to any Mexican meal.
Creamy Guacamole Recipe
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit, slice into sections with a knife, then scoop out with a large spoon.
- Add avocado sections into a small food processor.
- Add salt, sour cream, crushed garlic, lime juice, and water.
- Blend until completely creamy.
Creamy Guacamole Add-Ins
Although this Creamy Guacamole Recipe is perfect as is, here are some suggested add-ins. Just make sure to blend with the other ingredients to maintain the creamy texture we’re after.
- Mix in one tablespoon of cilantro.
- Add a diced jalapeno or serrano pepper for a spicy kick.
- Replace the sour cream with Greek yogurt.
- Add a pinch of cumin.
Do you Pinterest? Please Pin and share this post!
If you love this Creamy Guacamole Recipe, please give it a 5-star rating!
Authentic Creamy Guacamole, perfect for burritos, nachos and more!
- 3 large avocados
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 T. water
Cut avocados in half, remove the pit, slice into sections with a knife, then scoop out with a large spoon.
Add avocado sections into a small food processor.
Add salt, sour cream, crushed garlic, lime juice, and water.
Blend until completely creamy.