Pulled Pork Enchiladas are the ultimate comfort food. Tender pulled pork, cream cheese, and flavorful enchilada sauce are just some of the reasons why these enchiladas are a family favorite! A great way to use leftover Pulled Pork.
I had prepared the pulled pork in my Instant Pot, which was a first for me. Although it was delicious, we had approximately two pounds of meat left. Enchiladas sounded like a great idea.
I quickly made up a batch of my homemade enchilada sauce. Fortunately, the enchiladas came out great, so now I'm passing on the recipe to you. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
What Goes in Enchiladas?
The ingredients that go into enchiladas depends on your taste preference. That, and what you have in your fridge. This is a very forgiving recipe, so there's not a ton of ways to screw it up.
As you might have noticed from the ingredients list, I used pulled pork, refried beans, and diced Anaheim chilis.
Additionally, I used queso fresco (I didn't have cream cheese on hand).
Because we love spicy food, I snuck in some jalapeño peppers from my garden. So, what other ingredients would I suggest? How about some black beans, diced scallions, or roasted corn?
For extra creamy enchiladas, you can add sour cream, or mix in some shredded cheese. Truthfully, I normally mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and add a scoop of filling in each tortilla.
What To Serve With Pulled Pork Enchiladas?
- Mexican rice is always a great side dish option for a Mexican meal.
- A black bean and avocado salad is another wonderful possibility. I
- Want something easier? How about some Refried beans? Simply toss the beans in a bowl, top with shredded cheese, and microwave.
- If you want to kick the beans up a notch or two, mix them with some fried chorizo.
- Don't forget Mexican pickled carrots, I have a great recipe!
- The following toppings would be great too: chili sauce, salsa verde, sour cream, and guacamole.
- Finally, wash everything down with a nice, tall glass of Tamarind Margarita.
Stay in touch with me through social media!
- Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #hildaskitchenblog on Instagram.
- Like my page on Facebook.
- Do you Pinterest? Pin & share this recipe!
Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1-½ cups red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 lbs. pulled pork
- 2 large Anaheim chilis (diced)
- 1-½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- salt and pepper (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add approximately ¼ cup of enchilada sauce in the casserole dish and distribute evenly.
- Remove cream cheese from package, place on a plate, and cover with a napkin. Microwave 45 seconds to soften.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of refried beans in the center of each tortilla. Add pulled pork, cream cheese, diced chilis, and one tablespoon sauce. Fold the sides of the tortilla to overlap the filling, and place seam-down in the pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. I ended up with 13 tortillas, you may have more or less, depending on the amount of filling you use.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas, followed by the shredded cheese.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray, then use the foil to seal the casserole dish. Cook for 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- I didn't add salt and pepper because the pulled pork was highly seasoned. You might need to season the meat if you feel it's not seasoned enough to begin with.