This Mexican Bean Dip is irresistible and always the first dip to disappear at any potluck. Layered with refried bean, cream cheese, salsa, and shredded cream cheese, it’s almost begging for a chip!
We’re currently staying in a cozy cabin in Idyllwild, California, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We love how peaceful and serene it is up here, which is why we’ve spent almost every one of our anniversaries here.
We’ve always made it a family trip, and brought the kids with us. Although this might be the last time our son joins us since he leaves for boot camp in July. Yet I’m trying not to dwell on that fact. Instead, I’m focusing on enjoying the time we have left with him. Be patient, I’ll get to the Easy Mexican dip recipe, I promise!
Our Family’s Idyllwild Traditions
The time spent up here usually consists of quiet time, watching movies, working on puzzles, taking our dogs on hikes, and of course, EATING! This Mexican Bean Dip recipe always makes an appearance. It’s my daughter, Nena’s, favorite dip. In fact, Nena loves this bean dip so much, she sometimes eats it in place of a meal.
Mexican Bean Dip Recipe
I adapted this Mexican Bean Dip recipe from a seven-layered dip that my sister-in-law, Kim, used to make. Coincidentally, she used to make it during our Idyllwild getaways. Kim and Steve share our anniversary date (but they got married a year ahead of us).
Kim’s version consists of sour cream, salsa, ground beef, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, scallions, and black olives. Although I LOVE her dip, I had to make my dip “picky eater friendly.” My bean dip layers include cream cheese, refried beans, diced green chilis, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, and diced black olives.
Even though I prefer using homemade salsa, jarred salsa, such as pace, can be substituted. Other layer possibilities include guacamole, pickled jalapeños, and chorizo. If you can handle extra spicy food, add a final layer of my hot chili sauce.
Do you Pinterest? Please pin and share!
If you love this Easy Mexican Dip recipe, please give it a 5-star rating
Layered Mexican Bean Dip
- 2 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 T. taco seasoning divided
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions optional
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F
- Place cream cheese in an 8″x8″ ceramic dish, cover with a paper towel, and microwave for one minute, or until the cheese is soft enough to spread. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the taco seasoning.
- Mix the taco seasoning into the cream cheese and spread in an even layer.
- Drain green chiles, and spread over the cream cheese.
- Place refried beans in a medium-sized bowl, and mix in the remaining taco seasoning. Spread the beans over the green chilies.
- Pour the salsa over the beans, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and top with the sliced olives.
- Cover loosely with foil, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the shredded cheese is completely melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!