Gourmet mini pizzas that you can prepare using store-bought flatbread in under 15 minutes? Let your imagination run wild as you consider the various topping possibilities! If you love this Gourmet Pizza recipe, be sure to check out my Shawarma Pizza and Lavash Pizza recipes too!
One of the key ingredients to making gourmet pizza quickly is using a pre-made crust. Instead of sauce, we're going to use fig-flavored goat cheese, I like the Celebrity brand.
Next, we need toppings that compliment goat cheese and figs. For example, ham, bacon, and mushrooms.
Finally, we'll use smoked Gouda cheese or one of the other cheeses mentioned below. In around 15 minutes, you can have the best gourmet pizza you'll ever taste!
🧐 Why This Recipe Works
- Gourmet pizza is easy to make!
- The pizza ingredients can be changed up to suit your taste.
- The mini pizzas can be prepared ahead of time.
- You can freeze the prepared pizzas to enjoy whenever you are crazing some gourmet pizza!
🛒 What You Need For This Recipe
🔖 Ingredients & Substitutions
Pizza Crust Options
- Stonefire Naan Bread
- Kontos Gyros Bread
- Kontos pizza crust
What do all these crusts have in common? First, they are individual-sized; which helps with portion control.
Additionally, using a pre-cooked crust cuts down on the cooking time.
Moreover, when making individual-sized pizzas you have the option of customizing the ingredients according to everyone's taste preferences. Gotta keep everyone happy, right?
Pizza Sauce Options
I realize that most pizza restaurants offer a variety of sauces to choose from tomato, alfredo, and barbecue to name a few. This gourmet pizza does not come with a sauce option.
Don't worry, I have something way better to offer you! Instead of sauce, we will be using Celebrity Fig Goat Cheese.
You can find this cheese at Costco, but I believe it's a seasonal item. It's currently Spring and it's available at my local Costco.
If you are not able to find it, don't panic. Just mix some fig jam with plain goat cheese.
Gourmet Pizza Toppings
Now that we have discussed the crust, sauce (or lack of), and cheese options, we have one last category to cover; the many topping options!
Feel free to choose any of the following toppings. Don't worry, you don't have to pay extra!
Don't see your favorite topping listed? That's ok, feel free to add the toppings of your choice!
- Sliced figs (fresh or dried)
- Sliced mushrooms
- Chopped ham
- Crumbled bacon
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced hot peppers (including Serranos, Habaneros, and Jalapenos)
Gourmet Pizza Cheese Options
Cheese just might be my favorite pizza topping, can anyone relate? I've tried this Gourmet Pizza Recipe with all the cheese suggestions mentioned below.
It was delicious with every single one! Just don't use processed cheese, please. I have to draw the line somewhere...
- Goat hard cheese
- Smoked gouda
- Manchego cheese
- Blue cheese
After we have picked out our favorite ingredients, it's time to design our individual gourmet pizzas. Just follow along with the easy steps below.
🍕How to Make Gourmet Pizza
Step 1: Spread fig-flavored goat cheese over the pizza crust, up to a ¼" from the edge.
Step 2: Distribute sliced toppings over the goat cheese-covered crust.
Step 3: Sprinkle pizza with shredded Gouda, Goat, or Manchego cheese. Or a combination of two or more cheeses.
Step 4: Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and bake in a 425-degree-F oven (or toaster oven) for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
🧀 Related Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Gourmet Pizza Recipe
- 1 mini pizza crust (Gyros Bread, or Naan)
- 1 tablespoon celebrity fig goat cheese
- 1 large dried or fresh fig
- 1 medium mushroom (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon diced ham
- 1 slice bacon (crumbled)
- 1 sliced spicy pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup smoked gouda, Manchego, or Garrotxa goat cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Spread fig goat cheese over the pizza crust, up to a ¼″ from the edge.
- Next, slice your favorite toppings and spread evenly over the goat cheese-covered crust.
- Sprinkle with shredded Gouda, Goat, or Manchego cheese.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and bake in a 425-degree F oven (or toaster oven) for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown and crispy.