When you think of gourmet pizza, what comes to mind? Perhaps it's visions of high-priced babysitters, fancy restaurants, and ingredients you can't even pronounce. Well, what if I told you that you can stay at home and make your own gourmet pizza in under fifteen minutes?
Don't believe me? Then lend me your eyes and I will tell you about this easy, yet outstanding Gourmet Pizza Recipe.
Gourmet Pizza Recipe Ingredients
What ingredients are necessary for tasty gourmet pizza that's also quick and easy to prepare? For starters, you need a pre-made crust.
Next, you need some fig-flavored goat cheese, I like the Celebrity brand.
You also need toppings that compliment goat cheese and figs. For example, ham, bacon, and mushrooms.
Finally, you will end with smoked Gouda cheese, or one of the other cheeses mentioned below. In around 15 minutes, you can have the best gourmet pizza you'll ever taste!
Favorite Crust Options
- Stonefire Naan Bread
- Kontos Gyros Bread
- Kontos pizza crust
What do all these crusts have in common? First, they are individual-sized; which helps with portion control.
Believe me, it would be easy to over-indulge in this hard to resist pizza!
Additionally, using a pre-cooked crust cuts down on the cooking time.
Moreover, when making individual-sized pizzas you have the option of customizing the ingredients according to everyone's taste preferences. Gotta keep everyone happy, right?
Pizza Sauce Options
I realize that most pizza restaurants offer a variety of sauces to choose from: tomato, alfredo, and barbecue to name a few. This gourmet pizza does not come with a sauce option.
Don't worry, I have something way better to offer you! Instead of sauce, we will be using Celebrity Fig Goat Cheese.
You can find this cheese at Costco, but I believe it's a seasonal item. It's currently Spring and it's available at my local Costco.
If you are not able to find it, don't panic. Just mix some fig jam with plain goat cheese.
Gourmet Pizza Toppings
Now that we have discussed the crust, sauce (or lack of), and cheese options, we have one last category to cover; the many topping options!
Feel free to choose any of the following toppings. Don't worry, you don't have to pay extra!
Don't see your favorite topping listed? That's ok, feel free to add the toppings of your choice!
- Sliced Figs (fresh or dried)
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Chopped Ham
- Crumbled Bacon
- Sliced Red Onions
- Sliced Hot Peppers (including Serranos, Habaneros, and Jalapenos)
Gourmet Pizza Recipe Cheese Options
Cheese just might be my favorite pizza topping, can anyone relate? I've tried this Gourmet Pizza Recipe with all the cheese suggestions mentioned below.
It was delicious with every single one! Just don't use processed cheese, please. I have to draw the line somewhere...
- Goat hard cheese
- Smoked Gouda
- Manchego Cheese
- Blue Cheese
Putting It All Together!
After we have picked out our favorite ingredients, it's time to design our individual gourmet pizzas. Just follow along with the easy steps below.
Pizza Assembly Instructions
- Spread fig flavored goat cheese over the pizza crust, up to a 1/4" from the edge.
- Distribute sliced toppings over the goat cheese-covered crust.
- Sprinkle pizza with shredded Gouda, Goat, or Manchego cheese. Or a combination of two or more cheeses.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and bake in a 425-degree-F oven (or toaster oven) for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
Stay in touch with me through social media!
- Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #hildaskitchenblog on Instagram.
- Like my page on Facebook.
- Do you Pinterest? Pin & share this recipe!
Gourmet Pizza Recipe
- 1 mini pizza crust (Gyros Bread, or Naan)
- 1 T. celebrity fig goat cheese
- 1 large dried or fresh fig
- 1 medium mushroom (sliced)
- 1 T. diced ham
- 1 slice bacon (crumbled)
- 1 sliced spicy pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup smoked gouda, Manchego, or Garrotxa goat cheese (shredded)
- 1 T. blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Spread fig goat cheese over the pizza crust, up to a 1/4″ from the edge.
- Next, slice your favorite toppings and spread evenly over the goat cheese-covered crust.
- Sprinkle with shredded Gouda, Goat, or Manchego cheese.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza pan and bake in a 425-degree F oven (or toaster oven) for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown and crispy.